Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I ordered "Mrs Fields Happy Birthday Bear" for my sister's birthday on January 17 from flowerdeliveryexpress.com. We ordered this item: http://flowerdeliveryexpress.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product_tribute&product_id=3117

It was listed on the site as 29.99. We upgraded to "best" item which made it 42.00 and added in a box of chocolates. When we finished the order it was 82 dollars. There were a bunch of misc charges and we though okay more than we wanted to spend but if it was as nice as it seemed it would be worth it.

We paid for express shipping and were told when we called Saturday morning that the item would be delivered at 12 pm on Saturday. This was after going through the call center and then to a "senior" customer service rep. At 5 PM Saturday we get a call from the delivery guy and were not home so didn't get the package until the next afternoon. Easy scheduling issue that can happen.

Sunday morning I call the florist who was fulfilling the order and they assure me it will be there in the afternoon. That afternoon we get the delivery.

A stuffed bear and a box of chocolates. No cookies. No outfit.

As I did not pay 82 dollars for a stuffed bear, I called the florist who sent fulfilled the order again and she told me the company only gave her $50.00 and the title of the item without any other information. She said she was not aware that cookies were involved, even though the item was named Mrs. Fields Happy Birthday Bear. She had the number of the company so I used that number but went through to a call center again and then through the layers of customer service people until I reached someone who told me I could get a store credit for my trouble. I said I did not want a store credit, I wanted my money back. I was willing to pay for the stuffed animal and the box of chocolate (probably about a 30 dollar value) but wanted back the other 50. They offered store credit again.

I called back the flower shop (Graceland Flowers in Mt Vernon, btw) who told me the company cancelled the order. Graceland Flowers has been in business years but I'm not sure I believed the woman on the phone when she said she wasn't aware that I didn't just order a stuffed animal. She explained the item on the website was a drop shipment that would have needed to be specially ordered (WHICH IS WHAT I THOUGHT FLOWER DELIVERY EXPRESS DID). Anyway, I call back flowerdeliveryexpress and go through the hoops to get to a senior senior customer service rep obviously somewhere in India. They claim that I'm getting a FULL refund and that it will take 2 to 5 days and this is on my order information.

The order *JUST* came out of my bank account yesterday and I doubt that I'll get a refund. Total rip off and frustrating experience.

NEVER AGAIN. I'm only ordering from LOCAL florists from now on!!

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $80. rachehr1 is overall dissatisfied with Flower Delivery Express. The most disappointing about birthday flowers at Flower Delivery Express was bait and switch on order, overpriced product and customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Flower Delivery Express.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Flowers / Florist category for more informed decision or compare Flower Delivery Express to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Flower Delivery Express?

Comments